AAHPM Leadership Forum: Ascend
2022 Ascend: Leading and Managing Through Change
October 16-18, 2022
The Hyatt Lodge, Oak Brook, IL
The 2022 Ascend program is a two-day in-person intensive to support hospice and palliative care professionals as they develop the capabilities required to lead their organization in implementing new directions. This leadership program is developed by hospice and palliative care professionals FOR hospice and palliative care professionals.
Invited Plenary Faculty
We are pleased to have the support from the following faculty and are excited for them to share their expertise at Ascend:
- Michelle Barton, PhD, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Building a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Workforce
- Christina Rowe, MSOL, The Collaborative LLC
- Using StrengthsFinder Leadership Strategies to Increase the Performance of You and Your Team in Palliative Care and Hospice Settings
- Darryl Harris, The Carroll-Keller Group LTD
- Leading and Managing through Change
Additional faculty will be added to the schedule in the coming weeks.
Ascend Faculty and Navigators
The leadership navigator serves as the small group's resource, catalyst, and facilitator during Ascend. Navigators will work with a small group of up to eight participants throughout the 2-day program. Because navigators have considerable interaction with the participants, it is one of the most critical roles on the faculty team during the AAHPM Leadership Forum. Specific roles include:
- modeling leadership behavior,
- guiding group discussions by using scenarios to translate program content to a practical, transferrable context for the learners for immediate applicability to their own unique roles and practice settings, and
- challenging thinking and encouraging reflection and feedback.
2022 Navigation Team
This team is made up from AAHPM's Leadership and Career Development Committee
- Christine Khandelwal, DO HMDC, Chair
- Vanessa Battista, RN DNP MBA CHPPN CPNP
- Perihan El Shanawany, MD MBCHB
- Sandra Gomez, MD FAAHPM
- Jillian Gustin, MD FAAHPM
- Randall Schisler Jr., MD FAAHPM
- Lyle Walton, MD MHSA
- David Wang, MD
Registration Type and Rates
Registration will be open July 11, 2022. Registration includes Top-5 Clifton Strengths Profile with personalized insights about what you naturally do best.
AAHPM will require all registrants to submit proof of vaccination (i.e. Pfizer, Modera, Johnson and Johnson) against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
- AAHPM Members: $1,395
- Nonmembers: $1,995
Watch short clips of what past attendees had to say about their Ascend experience. Each attendee is at a different stage in their leadership career and looking for tools to help them excel in their current role.
Meet Shellie - a physician and new participant
Meet Dillion - an early career physician
Meet Kathryn - a seasoned professional
Meet Lynn - a fellowship director
Meet Katie - an Ascend faculty member