Talking to the Public About Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Making the public aware of hospice and palliative medicine to the public can be a difficult task. Utilize these resources while talking to your patients and spreading awareness.
- direct them to PalliativeDoctors.org
- share the list of "Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question in Hospice and Palliative Medicine"
- participate in HPM chats on Twitter to consult with fellow professionals
- access the key messages to the public and a communications toolkit (members only).
Because of this outreach, the HPM specialty and the Academy are becoming better known by journalists, bloggers, and the general public. The field is increasingly being sought out for information and comment about issues relating to hospice and palliative medicine. This has created an opportunity for AAHPM and our members to provide clear, factual information about the benefits of palliative care.
AAHPM Members Only Toolkit
Take advantage of the AAHPM Member Communications Toolkit to help you spread awareness about hospice and palliative medicine, participate in media interviews and speak at public forums. The toolkit includes:
- instructions for working with the media
- media materials
- community outreach potential audiences and presentations
- how to spread awareness on social media
In order to access the communications toolkit, you must login by clicking the "LOGIN" button in the top right corner of your screen.