Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources
AAHPM is committed to educating and building a community that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. The following resources are intended to provide education and learning opportunities and are not officially endorsed by AAHPM.
- Diversity and Equity 21 Day Challenge - San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Daring Discussions Toolkit - National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Video: 3 Ways to be a Better Ally in the Workplace - TED.com / Melinda Epler
- Guide to Allyship – project by Amelie Lamont
- What Works - Evidence Based Ideas to Increase DEI in the Workplace - University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Diversity in Fellowship Selection Materials - University of California, San Francisco
- Interrupting Microaggressions in Health Care Settings: A Guide for Teaching Medical Students - Association of American Medical Colleges
- Cultural Respect - National Institutes of Health Office of Communications
- Microaggressions and Their Macro Impact on Health Care - AAHPM Winter Quarterly newsletter
- Cultural Awareness in Healthcare: A Checklist - Quality Interactions
Opinions and Perspectives
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion that Matter - New England Journal of Medicine
- Podcast: The Nocturnists: Black Voices in Healthcare - The Nocturnists
- A Guide to Understanding and Avoiding Cultural Appropriation - ThoughtCo.
- Learn Function of Code Switching as a Linguistic Term - ThoughtCo.
- Five Reasons Why People Code-Switch – NPR
- The Origin of the Term Intersectionality - Columbia Journalism Review
- Videos: Unconscious Bias Training - University of California, San Francisco
- Addressing Microaggressions in Racially Charged Patient-Provider Interactions: A Pilot Randomized Trial - BMC Medical Education
- Video: Cracking the Codes: A Trip to the Grocery store - Joy DeGruy
- Perceived Microaggressions in Health Care: A Measurement Study - PLOS ONE