Y.C. Ho/Helen and Michael Chiang Foundation Fellowship Grant Program
The Y.C. Ho/Helen and Michael Chiang (Ho/Chiang) Foundation has awarded AAHPM four $90,000 grants in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020 to partially support an adult hospice and palliative medicine fellowship training program that offers a pediatric track preparing physicians to practice as a pediatric hospice and palliative medicine (HPM) subspecialist following training.
One award of $40,000 will be presented for the 2021-2022 academic year with the opportunity to renew for one additional year following an evaluation.
AAHPM congratulates the University of North Carolina as the recipient of the Ho/Chiang Fellowship Grant Award for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Funding is not open to individual applicants, but is allocated toward the salary and benefits of an individual fellow. Eligible adult hospice and palliative medicine fellowship program must:
- be accredited at the time of application by ACGME
- have an established* pediatric track/experience with an adult fellowship training program
*The program must have graduated at least one HPM subspecialist who has been through the pediatric track experience at the time of application.
AAHPM thanks the Ho/Chiang Foundation for its generous grants and support of hospice and palliative medicine specialists. To learn more about this Foundation, visit http://hochiangfoundation.org/.
The recipients of the Ho/Chiang Foundation Grant Award were:
- 2015-2016 academic year was the University of Michigan, with a renewal for 2016-2017
- 2017-2018 academic year was the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2018-2019 academic year was Indiana University School of Medicine.
- 2019-2020 academic year was the University of Utah, with a renewal for 2020-2021