Fellows of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
One of the highest honors the Academy can bestow on an AAHPM member is recognized as a Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM).
This honor is achieved by members whose professional activity is devoted to the practice of hospice and palliative medicine. Fellow status is now open to all members of AAHPM. Fellows of the Academy are required to have been a member for 7 years and are active within the Academy. Physician applicants are required to be board certified.
These individuals request and voluntarily submit applications for fellow status, inviting an evaluation of their practice by their peers of their personal integrity, knowledge of the field, professional accomplishment, and demonstrated scholarship.
How to Apply
Fellows of the Academy applications for the 2022 class closed September 28, 2022, at 5pm CT.
The application will reopen in Summer 2023.
- Complete the Application - All applications must be submitted through the Academy's online application portal.
Any PDF, Word documents, or handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Recommendation Form - Please give notice to those recommending you for the FAAHPM distinction that an email will be sent to them with the link to the recommendation form.
- Submit the Application Fee - submit the fee of $325 by:
- Credit Card - call AAHPM Member Services at 847.375.4712
- Check by mail - see FAAHPM application for mailing address
Access a sample application to learn more about the requirements to apply for the 2022 FAAHPM class.
Congratulations 2021 Fellows
Current Fellows of the Academy
By demonstrating significant commitment to the field of hospice and palliative medicine, we celebrate the professionals who have earned and maintain the status Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM).