Interactive Educational Activities
Digital interactive educational activities are the best way to learn and retain information. AAHPM’s new AAHPM Learn platform features many interactive activities to enhance your learning experience.
With AAHPM Learn, you can access:
- the AAHPM Learn Subscription for new education all year long
- interactive activities on various topics
- video recordings for easy on-the-go learning
By signing up for the AAHPM Learn Subscription, subscribers will receive new educational content each month for one year. No matter when you subscribe, you will receive a vast amount of content to consume on your own schedule.
Navigate through various topics in these activities at your own pace for greater learning.
All of the following activities are available within the AAHPM Learn Subscription or available for purchase individually:
- Is Dopamine the Golden Ticket for Symptom Management in Palliative Care? Role Antipsychotics for Off-Label Uses
- Keeping It Down: A Case-Based Approach to Managing Pediatric Nausea and Vomiting
- Lessons from a Therapist’s Chair: Optimizing Palliative Communication through Psychotherapy Best Practices and Skills
- It's Time for Justice: Racial and Ethnic Equity in Hospice and Palliative Care
- 'I Can't Eat, Speak, or Kiss My Wife. It's Half a Life, but at Least I'm Still Alive.' Navigating the Sequelae of Head and Neck Cancer
- Not Just for Addiction: The Palliative Clinician's Guide to Using Buprenorphine for Pain
- Speaking the Same Language: Bridging Cultural and Linguistic Barriers in Palliative Care
- Voluntarily Stopping Eating and Drinking (VSED): A Viable, Lesser Known Palliative Option of Last Resort
- Competency-Based Medical Education
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Fellowship Recruitment: Application Evaluation and Interviewing
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Fellowship Recruitment: Candidate Selection
- Pharmacotherapeutic Micro-Learning Flight: Hospice Deprescribing
- Hospice Physicians and Government Audits: Documentation, Risk Mitigation, and Advocacy
AAHPM holds courses that feature many different topics, including board review courses and hospice practice courses.
2022 Intensive Board Review Course Recording
The 2022 Intensive Review Course was presented by key leaders in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. Listen to the fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices at your convenience. These recordings are designed to help you prepare for the board examination in hospice and palliative medicine and to advance the clinical competence of all practitioners in the field, including physician assistants and advanced practice nurses. Content is based on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the AOA blueprints for the hospice and palliative medicine board exams.
The IBC faculty have reviewed the 2018 and 2020 hospice and palliative medicine exam blueprints and endorse the recording as a resource to prepare for the exam.
Bite-Sized Video Content
Enjoy easy on-the-go learning with these educational videos:
- Actionable Leadership Amidst Social Injustice
- COVID-19 Conversations: Moral Concerns - Just Allocation of Resources, Moral Distress, Supporting Team Resilience
- COVID-19 Conversations: Practical Concerns - Prognositcation, Communication, Public Health Advocacy
- Leveraging Social Media for Leadership
Annual Assembly Recording Flash Drive
The 2018 and 2019 audio recordings of all Annual Assembly sessions are available for purchase on a flash drive through Fleetwood. Each flash drive contains recorded sessions in MP3 format for content where you want it, when you want it.