Intensive Board Review Course
August 13-15, 2020
Omni Louisville Hotel
This board review course will provide attendees with a learning experience designed to prepare for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine certification examination. Learners will be provided high-yield information targeted towards board relevant material. The course will include didactic presentations infused with exam-type questions via audience response system and tips on test taking strategies.
Purchase the 2018 Review Course Recording
Many individuals benefitted from this fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices in 2018. Now you can also benefit in this meeting by purchasing the recording of the live event.
This recording is great for many individuals including:
- Physicians preparing for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine subspecialty certification board exam (ABMS/AOA) for the first time
- Physicians maintaining their certification along, and
- Advanced practice clinicians seeking the most current clinical education in the field
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review core topics in hospice and palliative medicine through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Complete challenging test questions in hospice and palliative medicine.
- Assess patient pain, other symptoms and treatment side effects then recommend a care plan based on the best available evidence.
- Identify psychological, spiritual, social and cultural aspects of patient care and itegrate support of those aspects into an overall plan of care.
- Discuss the role of prognostication in the care of patients near the end-of-life.
- Discuss ethical and legal concerns related to palliative care.
- Assess pain and symptoms and recommend a care plan for pediatric patients based on developmental needs.
Download the course objectives to share with your faculty.