Intensive Board Review Course
August 13-15, 2020
Omni Louisville Hotel
This board review course provided attendees with a learning experience designed to prepare for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine certification examination. Learners will be provided high-yield information targeted towards board relevant material. The course included didactic presentations infused with exam-type questions via audience response system and tips on test taking strategies.
Purchase the 2018 Review Course Recording
Many individuals benefitted from this fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices in 2018. Now you can also benefit in this meeting by purchasing the live recording.
This recording is great for many individuals including:
- Physicians preparing for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine subspecialty certification board exam (ABMS/AOA) for the first time
- Physicians maintaining their certification along, and
- Advanced practice clinicians seeking the most current clinical education in the field
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review core topics in hospice and palliative medicine through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Complete challenging test questions in hospice and palliative medicine.
- Assess patient pain, other symptoms and treatment side effects then recommend a care plan based on the best available evidence.
- Identify psychological, spiritual, social and cultural aspects of patient care and itegrate support of those aspects into an overall plan of care.
- Discuss the role of prognostication in the care of patients near the end-of-life.
- Discuss ethical and legal concerns related to palliative care.
- Assess pain and symptoms and recommend a care plan for pediatric patients based on developmental needs.
Download the course objectives to share with your faculty.