Have Invaluable Education at Your Fingertips with AAHPM's Self-Study Resources
AAHPM was awarded accreditation with commendation as a provider of CME for physicians by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through November 30, 2021.
AAHPM is committed to providing relevant and accessible education that advances competency in hospice and palliative medicine. Although our live meetings and courses offer the opportunity for intensive, engaging education alongside your peers and delivered by subject matter experts, we imagine most of your learning occurs out of the classroom.
That's why AAHPM continuously reviews, revises, and creates high-quality educational resources you can access when and where you live and work—on your time, in your location. In addition, AAHPM strives to offer resources for independent study in a variety of formats to meet your individual learning style and level of practice.
- The ICD-10 code set will be implemented on October 1, 2015. Acevedo Consulting, Inc. has prepared this guide with ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM code conversions for hospice and palliative care practitioners. These conversions were the most recent version at the time of development. All efforts should be made by users to stay current with all updates. It is recommended that this document is used as a reference tool rather than the only means of code selection.
- The UNIPAC self-study series provides a critical foundation for healthcare practitioners and practitioners in training who want to incorporate the principles of hospice and palliative medicine into their daily practice. For the current 4th edition, all 9 books are available in softcover format, and the former, traditional posttests have been replaced by dynamic, online, confidence-based learning modules that offer CME credits.
- Now in its 6th edition, AAHPM's Primer of Palliative Care is a comprehensive introductory text essential for all healthcare providers interested in hospice and palliative care. The 6th edition (published in 2014) includes more than 100 new pages of content, a new chapter on caring for pediatric patients, and comes in softcover format.
- For physicians seeking an individualized assessment of their knowledge in hospice and palliative medicine or preparing for the ABMS or AOA certification exams in HPM, HPM PASS is a 150-item online practice test designed to simulate an electronic test format. With content based on the ABIM and AOA content blueprints for the certification examination, HPM PASS is an invaluable tool to test your knowledge and identify topics that might need further study.
- For a more focused assessment, AAHPM offers four mini practice tests with the HPM FAST modules. Focusing on four critical topics in the field, HPM FAST modules are 25-item online practice tests to offer additional educational content on pediatrics, prognostication, psychiatry and cognition, and the NEW hospice regulatory. Each module also offers CME and ABIM MOC.
- Hospice medical directors require a unique subset of knowledge to meet the requirements of their critical role effectively. AAHPM's Hospice Medical Director Manual is a must-have reference book for hospice medical directors or those interested in the role.
- Launched in April 2014, HMD PREP is AAHPM's practice test and web-based certification exam simulation for the HMDCB certification exam. Comprising 75, multiple-choice, exam-style questions, HMD PREP is the first-stop resource for assessing your knowledge in hospice practice and guiding your study for the certification exam.
- As part of the Collaborative for REMS Education (CO*RE), AAHPM is pleased to offer free REMS education for providers of extended-release and long-acting (ER/LA) opioid analgesics. This three-part program is intended to be fully compliant with the ER/LA Opioid Analgesics REMS education requirements issued by the FDA and offers CME/CE credits.
- AAHPM's recording library of webinars, Assembly, and courses provides you with on-the-go education in both audio and synchronized PowerPoint/audio sessions.