Fellows of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
One of the highest honors the Academy can bestow on a physician is recognition as a Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM).
This honor is achieved by physicians whose professional activity is devoted to the practice of hospice and palliative medicine. Fellows of the Academy are required to be board certified, members of AAHPM for 7 years, and active within the Academy.
These individuals request and voluntarily submit applications for fellow status, inviting an evaluation of their practice by their peers of their personal integrity, knowledge of the field, professional accomplishment, and demonstrated scholarship.
How to Apply
Fellows of the Academy application for the 2020-2021 class is now open. Please complete the following steps prior to the deadline.
- Complete the application - All applications will be submitted through the Academy's OpenWater portal. Any PDF, word documents, or handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Please give notice to those recommending you for the FAAHPM distinction that an email will be sent to them with the link to the recommendation form.
- Submit application fee of $325 by:
- Credit Card - call AAHPM member services at 847.375.4712
- Check by mail - see FAAHPM application above for mailing address
All recommendations and applications will be due Friday, September 18, 2020 at 12pm PT
Access a sample application to learn more about the requirements to apply for the 2020 class.
Congratulations 2019 Fellows
By demonstrating significant commitment to the field of hospice and palliative medicine, we celebrate the professionals who have earned and maintain the status Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM).