Donate to AAHPM
AAHPM is dedicated to strengthening our future and creating a lasting legacy in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. Your donations create new opportunities for scholarships, mentoring, and the growth of new leaders to continue developing this amazing field.
Make a Donation to Scholarship Funds
Your support allows AAHPM to fund and award many scholarships throughout the year. Make a donation to one of the following funds to make a difference in the lives of those working in hospice and palliative medicine. Designate your gift to honor someone who has influenced your life
- Hearst AAHPM Leadership Scholars Fund - help support Academy members interested in attending leadership programs
- International Physician Scholarship Fund - help award a physician residing in a developing country a scholarship to attend the Assembly
- Palliative Medicine Access Fund - help award a US-based physician, fellow, or resident a stipend to attend the Assembly
- Pediatric Scholarship Fund - help support US-based physicians and fellows currently practicing pediatric hospice and palliative medicine attend the Annual Assembly
- AAHPM Innovation Fund - support future Academy projects and initiatives approved by the board
Your donations will help us provide more opportunities for individuals to attend the education they need.
There are Many Ways to Donate
There are four easy ways to make a tax-deductible contribution.
- Donate online through a secure server to pay via credit card or PayPal.
- Call us at 847.375.4712 to make a credit card payment over the phone.
- Print and mail a contribution form (PDF) with check payment to P.O. Box XXX.
The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Create a Lasting Legacy through Donation
Gifts of Appreciated Assets
Gifts of appreciated stocks, securities or real estate can provide you with tax benefits while offering support for AAHPM.
Life Insurance/Retirement Plans
Individuals can name AAHPM as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. A fully paid whole life policy provides AAHPM with an immediate payout, while the donor benefits from a charitable income tax deduction. Similarly, AAHPM can be named as a beneficiary for tax deferred retirement plans.
Wills and Bequests
Including AAHPM in your will is an easy option for leaving a legacy, such as specific assets or a percentage of your remaining estate after other bequests and taxes have been paid.
Charitable gift annuities or trusts can provide you with income for a number of years, after which the remaining assets will be used to benefit AAHPM. This can be part of your retirement planning, while providing an income tax deduction, savings on estate taxes and may even be used to protect an asset that may be subject to capital gains taxes.
We recommend that you consult with your attorney or tax advisor for the various tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation.
Thank You to Our Supporters!
Every year, the Academy recognizes the vital support we have received through our Donor Recognition Program. View the Annual Donor List to see which of your colleagues have made this important investment in the future of rehabilitation medicine.