Donate to AAHPM
AAHPM is dedicated to strengthening our future and creating a lasting legacy in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. Your donations create new opportunities for scholarships, mentoring, and the growth of new leaders to continue developing this amazing field.
Donors can select to give to our General Fund, Innovation Fund or to one of our scholarships listed below.
Become a Member of the Giving Circle
All donors who give $500 or more will be recognized as members of the AAHPM Giving Circle. There are three recognition levels:
- Loyalty Level: individuals who donate $2,500 or more annually
- Legacy Level: individuals who donate $1,000 or more annually
- Leadership Level: individuals who donate between $500-$999 annually
Select a Fund to Create a Lasting Legacy and Support Emerging Leaders
By donating to the AAHPM General Fund, your gift will support projects to complement the Academy's strategic priorities and vision to further the field of hospice and palliative care.
Support the Next Generation of Leaders
Your support allows AAHPM to fund and award many scholarships throughout the year. Make a donation to one of the following funds to make a difference in the lives of those working in hospice and palliative care.
- AAHPM Leadership Scholars Fund - help support Academy members interested in attending leadership programs
- International Physician Scholarship Fund - help award a physician residing in a developing country a scholarship to attend the Assembly
- Palliative Medicine Access Fund - help support an AAHPM member with a stipend to attend the Assembly
- Pediatric Scholarship Fund - help support AAHPM members practicing pediatric hospice and palliative care to attend the Annual Assembly
There are Many Ways to Donate
Donate online through a secure server to pay via credit card or PayPal.
Call us at 847.375.4712 to make a credit card payment over the phone.
Print and mail a contribution form (PDF) with check payment to P.O. Box 3781, Oak Brook, IL 60522-3781.
The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Make a Commitment for Generations to Come
Gifts of Appreciated Assets
Gifts of appreciated stocks, securities or real estate can provide you with tax benefits while offering support for AAHPM.
Life Insurance/Retirement Plans
Individuals can name AAHPM as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. A fully paid whole life policy provides AAHPM with an immediate payout, while the donor benefits from a charitable income tax deduction. Similarly, AAHPM can be named as a beneficiary for tax deferred retirement plans.
Wills and Bequests
Including AAHPM in your will is an easy option for leaving a legacy, such as specific assets or a percentage of your remaining estate after other bequests and taxes have been paid.
Donor Advised Funds
Charitable gift annuities or trusts can provide you with income for a number of years, after which the remaining assets will be used to benefit AAHPM. This can be part of your retirement planning, while providing an income tax deduction, savings on estate taxes and may even be used to protect an asset that may be subject to capital gains taxes.
We recommend that you consult with your attorney or tax advisor for the various tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation.