AAHPM is committed to training and developing prepared leaders with a goal of strengthening not only their organizations but also the subspecialty of hospice and palliative medicine.
AAHPM Leadership Forum
The AAHPM Leadership Forum is an innovative collection of training opportunities for future leaders, developing leaders, or seasoned leaders. Its vision is to identify and refine nonclinical but equally critical leadership skills that hospice and palliative care professionals increasingly need for success.
Three distinct programs and types of learning experiences are available, including face-to-face interactive instruction, didactic instruction, and web-based self-study:
- AAHPM Ignite - a live preconference program at the Annual Assembly, equipping hospice and palliative care team leaders with an understanding and recognition of one's strengths and limitations as a leader.
- AAHPM Ascend - a live, intensive two-day program each Fall, featuring "deeper dives" exploring focused topics and leadership skills that hospice and palliative care professionals increasingly need for success.
- AAHPM Elevate - a collection of supplemental web-based, on-demand programs offered through American Association for Physician Leadership at a special rate for AAHPM members.
You can create your own customized and flexible learning pathway and select content based on your unique leadership development career goals.
Have more questions? Check the AAHPM Leadership Forum Frequently Asked Questions or call 847.375.4712.
If you have been seeking resources to help you grow as a leader, this guide is full of information for future, developing, and seasoned leaders.
The AAHPM Leadership and Career Development Resource Guide includes:
- quick start materials for the first 90 days in your new leadership role,
- suggested reading material as recommended by AAHPM Leadership Forum faculty and past program participants,
- overview of Leadership Assessments including CliftonStrengths, DiSC, and Leadership Practices Inventory,
- professional coaches, and
- evidence-based leadership literature reference list.
Get started on your leadership journey.
AAHPM Mentor Match
Mentor Match is an online networking and career enhancement tool that will help you find and connect with other participants in the program.
Open to Academy members at any stage in their career, Mentor Match allows you to select the mentorship topic, duration, and guide you through every step.
Learn more about Mentor Match and get started.