With rapid growth in hospice and palliative care, we aim to provide resources and tools to assist the health care team to address quality and patient safety in hospice and palliative care settings. Resources are available to guide you through your quality efforts and educational needs regardless of your experience in quality improvement.
Learn more about national quality landscape projects AAHPM is a part of:
- Measuring What Matters (MWM)
- Quality Strategies and Registries Project
- The National Quality Forum (NQF) Palliative and End-of-Life Care Project
AAHPM has compiled the following Quality Improvement Resources:
- Obtain guidance on participating in Quality Reporting Programs
- Access Quality Improvement (QI) Education Resources
View additional resources below from other organizations to benefit your quality initiatives.
Hospice and Palliative Care Quality Resources
- Clinical Practice Guidelines to Quality Palliative Care, 3rd Edition, 2013 - available for download from the National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care
- Ten Components of Quality in Hospice Care - a comprehensive framework from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) for organizing, assessing, and monitoring a hospice's clinical and nonclinical operations
- Measurement Tools - hospital-based QI resources from the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC)
- A National Framework and Preferred Practices for Palliative and Hospice Care Quality - resource from the National Quality Forum (NQF), 2006
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Update - updates to the 2012 provisional clinical opinion on the integration of palliative care into standard oncology care for all patients diagnosed with cancer
- Defining High-Quality Palliative Care in Oncology Practice: An American Society of Clinical Oncology/American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine Guidance Statement - a resource to direct practice and research
General Physician Quality Resources
- Quality Primer from the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) - overview of quality measurement from a physician's point of view
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) - an independent not-for-profit organization that is a leading innovator in health and healthcare improvement worldwide
- American College of Medical Quality (ACMQ) - a group of health care professionals passionate about medical quality issues and committed to improving the health care system
- National Institute for Quality Improvement and Education (NIQIE) - supports the integration of quality improvement and continuing education for health professionals with the ultimate goal of improving patient care
- Three Faces of Quality - American Association of Physician Leadership offers introductory courses that provide CME
- NQP™ Shared Decision Making Action Brief - resource from the National Quality Forum to help clinicians and patients work in partnership to make informed choices between reasonable medical options, discussing risks, benefits, and care alternatives as well as potential burdens, impact on quality of life, and cost.