Your voice is the most important way to improve the quality of life for patients and families facing serious illness. Work alongside AAHPM through the Legislative Action Center to advocate for the specialty and the patients who benefit from it.
Legislative Action Center
This platform puts the power in your hands to easily take action, stay up to date on new legislation, share your voice, and contact key stakeholders all in one convenient location.
Support the Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act
On July 23, 2018, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 1676, the Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA). Now, we need the Senate to act for PCHETA to become law! The legislation, S. 693, already enjoys bipartisan support in the Senate, where it was introduced by Senators Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV). You can help bring PCHETA over the finish line!
- Request Senate Support of PCHETA - e-mail your U.S. senators and ask them to cosponsor PCHETA
- Tweet to Advance PCHETA - tweet your U.S. senators to urge action on PCHETA
Participate in Other Activities
Visit the action center to:
- Review legislation - see the bills that AAHPM supports
- Contact representatives - easily find and contact your elected officials about any issue you find important
- Support the Rural Access and Hospice Act - generate an email to your representatives