Education On the Go
Recordings from AAHPM’s educational events are easily accessible for just-in-time and on-the-go education.
Access many recordings with topics such as:
- burnout and resiliency, medication safety, and much more from past Annual Assemblies
- MP3 recordings of over 13 topic categories featured as Pearls for Practice
- board review and hospice practice from AAHPM's summer courses
- billing, de-prescribing, and quality from AAHPM’s webinar series
Hear one or more of the best sessions from past Annual Assemblies. Each recording is an MP3 file, so it's easily downloadable to your moble device. Available for purchase in the Online Store.
Best of 2017
- "I Understand There's a New Law...": Responding to Patient Inquiries About Physician-Assisted Dying
- Diversity & Inclusion Forum: Conversations that Matter: Creating a Culture of Inclusivity and Candor
- Who Let the Dogs IN: Helping our Four Legged Friends Visit at the Bedside
- Compassion, Resiliency, and Hope: Nurturing our Innate Qualities Through Contemplative Practices
- The Ever-Evolving Roles of the Hospice Medical Director: Quality, Regulations, Narratives, Relatedness, and the Hospice Formulary
- Love Me "Tinder": Speed Dating with the Pharmacy Ladies
- State of the Science in Pediatric Palliative Care
- See One, Do One, Coach One: How Clinical Coaching Can Help Trainees and Colleagues Just When They Need It with Just What They Need
- Moral Injury: Invisible Wounds of Combat
- Public Policy Forum: Advancing Palliative Care in Alternative Payment Models - Surviving and Thriving Under MACRA Recording
Best of 2016
- It's Time to Write the Order: A Practical Approach it Palliative Sedation
- When Faith Hurts: Redemptive Suffering and Refusal of Symptomatic Treatment
- Get Pumped: Palliative Inotropes in Advanced Heart Failure Across the Continuum of Care
- Don't Be a Boiling Frog: Take Action to Prevent Burnout
- Speed Dating with Pharmacists: The Pharmacy Ladies Ride Again
- Unbefriended: Medical Decision Making for the Incapacitated and Alone
- Consensus Guidelines for Methadone Safety and Effectiveness in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Let's Order Lunch Off the Beer List and Other Flagrant Medication Decisions in End-of-Life Care
- The Thirteen Most Debated Questions About Using Steroids in Patients
- Practicing Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Managing Pain in Opioid-Dependent Patients
Pearls for Practice is a new online recording series featuring 13 bundles by topic area. Each bundle includes a number of sessions recorded live from the 2017 Annual Assembly. View the topic bundles listed below.
- Administrative and Programmatic Issues: Part 1 and Part 2
- The Art of Palliative Care
- Disease Updates
- Education Strategies and Innovation, Part 1 and Part 2
- Health Care Delivery System
- Pain and Symptom Management, Part 1 and Part 2
- Pediatrics: Part 1 and Part 2
- Professional Development
- Quality and Performance Improvement
- Research Methods
- Special Vulnerable Populations
AAHPM holds courses that features many different topics, including board review courses and hospice practice courses.
The 2016 Intensive Board Review Course is presented by key leaders in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. This downloadable product contain both synchronized audio/PowerPoint and MP3 audio only files. Listen to the fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices at your convenience. These recordings are designed to help you prepare for the board examination in hospice and palliative medicine and to advance the clinical competence of all practitioners in the field, including physician assistants and advanced practice nurses. Content is based on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the AOA blueprints for the hospice and palliative medicine board exams.
Review the list of recorded sessions.
The 2016 Hospice Practice is Changing - Take Charge! course presents the latest updates in hospice clinical practice, reinforces your grounding in the Medicare Conditions of Participation, and strengthens your compliance with changing regulations. This downloadable product contain both synchronized audio/PowerPoint and MP3 audio only recordings. These recordings are designed to provide the latest knowledge and tools you need to advance your practice now and prepare for what's coming.
Review the list of recorded sessions.
The 2015 Hospice Medical Director Conference is structured to inform and empower hospice medical directors from diverse settings to strive for the highest standards of clinical care, leadership, and professionalism.
Provided as a DVD-ROM, you will receive an MP3 and MP4 format for easy learning on the go.
AAHPM records all webinars to ensure you can access relevant and important education on your own time. Available in both MP3 (audio only) and MP4 (audio and PPT presentation) formats, webinar recordings are great tools for on-the-go study.
- Opioid Therapy in the Seriously Ill: Managing Substance Abuse Risk (2018; webinar and audio only)
- 2017 Coding and Medicare Changes for Billing (2016; webinar and audio only)
- De-prescribing of Antipsychotics in Nursing Home Patients: Current CMS Guidelines (2016; webinar and audio only)
- Hospice Medical Director Certification Board Exam Preparation (2015; webinar)
- Quality: The Role of the Palliative Care Clinician (2015; webinar)
Virtual Conference Recordings Bundle
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) hosted the 2017 Virtual Conference: Aligning Practice with Evidence. MP4 and MP3 recorded sessions of this highly successful 2017 Virtual Conference are now available for purchase through the NHPCO.
Annual Assembly Recording Flash Drive
Audio recordings of all sessions from past Assemblies (2010-2017) are available for purchase on a flash drive through Rollin' Recordings. The 2018 Audio recordings of all sessions are available for purchase on a flash drive through Fleetwood. Each flash drive contains recorded sessions in MP3 format for content where you want it, when you want it.