Education On the Go
Access the best of AAHPM’s educational offerings with recordings of some of our most popular resources. You can enjoy just-in-time and on-the-go education wherever you go.
From AAHPM’s recording library, you can
- learn from the summer courses, the Intensive Board Review Course or Hospice Medical Director Course
- catch up on AAHPM’s webinars
- access cutting-edge content from past Annual Assemblies, for review or if you were unable to attend.
Summer Course Recordings
Each year, AAHPM holds a Summer Institute that features many courses in one destination. Courses include topics such as board review courses, hospice practice courses, and the Ascend Leadership Forum.
2016 Intensive Board Review Course Recording (Flash Drive) - Out of Stock*
The 2016 Intensive Board Review Course is presented by key leaders in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. Flash drives contain both synchronized audio/PowerPoint and MP3 audio only files. Listen to the fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices at your convenience. These recordings are designed to help you prepare for the board examination in hospice and palliative medicine and to advance the clinical competence of all practitioners in the field, including physician assistants and advanced practice nurses. Content is based on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the AOA blueprints for the hospice and palliative medicine board exams.
Review the list of recorded sessions.
2016 Hospice Practice is Changing - Take Charge! (Flash Drive) - Out of Stock*
The 2016 Hospice Practice is Changing - Take Charge! course presents the latest updates in hospice clinical practice, reinforces your grounding in the Medicare Conditions of Participation, and strengthens your compliance with changing regulations. Flash drives contain both synchronized audio/PowerPoint and MP3 audio only recordings. These recordings are designed to provide the latest knowledge and tools you need to advance your practice now and prepare for what's coming.
Review the list of recorded sessions.
*Note: This product is temporarily out of stock. If you are preparing for the HMDCB Exam, please consider the following products: 2015 Hospice Medical Director Course Recording DVD, HMD Prep, Hospice Medical Director Manual, 3rd Edition.
2015 Hospice Medical Director Conference Recording
The 2015 Hospice Medical Director Conference is structured to inform and empower hospice medical directors from diverse settings to strive for the highest standards of clinical care, leadership, and professionalism.
2014 Intensive Board Review Course Recording
The 2014 Intensive Board Review Course is presented by key leaders in the field of hospice and palliative medicine. DVDs contain both synchronized audio/PowerPoint and MP3 audio only files. Listen to the fast-paced, intensive review of best clinical practices at your convenience and earn up to 18.5 AMA PRA Category 1TM credits after taking the posttest. (Credits are available only to those who did not receive CME credits at the live course.) These recordings are designed to help you prepare for the board examination in hospice and palliative medicine and to advance the clinical competence of all practitioners in the field, including physician assistants and advanced practice nurses. Content is based on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the AOA blueprints for the hospice and palliative medicine board exams. CME credits expire on September 30, 2017.
Watch highly rated sessions from the 2013 Annual Assembly, hosted by Relias Learning, that offer continuing education credits for physicians, nurses, and social workers.
We've made it easy for you to hear one or more of the best session from past Annual Assemblies. Each recording is an MP3 file, easily downloadable to your moble device.
Best of 2016
- It's Time to Write the Order: A Practical Approach it Palliative Sedation
- When Faith Hurts: Redemptive Suffering and Refusal of Symptomatic Treatment
- Get Pumped: Palliative Inotropes in Advanced Heart Failure Across the Continuum of Care
- Don't Be a Boiling Frog: Take Action to Prevent Burnout
- Speed Dating with Pharmacists: The Pharmacy Ladies Ride Again
- Unbefriended: Medical Decision Making for the Incapacitated and Alone
- Consensus Guidelines for Methadone Safety and Effectiveness in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Let's Order Lunch Off the Beer List and Other Flagrant Medication Decisions in End-of-Life Care
- The Thirteen Most Debated Questions About Using Steroids in Patients
- Practicing Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Managing Pain in Opioid-Dependent Patients
Best of 2015
- Grief and Bereavement: Updated Theories and New Tools for Providers
- Innovative Strategies to Address the Unique Cultural Beliefs and Spiritual Perspectives of African American Patients and Families at the End of Life
- An Exercise in Futility? Developing Policy and Shaping Practice to Address Demands for "Non-beneficial Medical Treatment"
- Why Do They Call it Special K?: The How, When, Why, and What-ifs of Using Ketamine in the Palliative Care Setting
- Speed Dating with the Pharmacy Ladies: Practical Medication Tips for End of Life Care
- "There is Going to Be a Miracle" - Decision Making When Religious Beliefs and Medical Realities Conflict
- Building Resilience: An Innovative Reflective Writing Method for Clinical Palliative Care - The 55 Word Story
- Integrated Palliative Care for Management of Elderly Patients with Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease
- Hannah's Questions: A Teenager Confronts her Death with Candor, Faith and Marching Orders
- Giving Them the Words: Rational Conversations About Drug Therapy at the End of Life
Best of 2014
- Regulatory Issues for Hospice Staff
- Adolescent Palliative Care: Who Decides?
- Leading the Way to Wiser Choices: Communicating AAHPM's List of "Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question in HPM"
- Who Let the Drugs Out, And Who's Providing Them?
- Cultivating Creative Arts Therapy Interventions in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Brief Meditation Practices for Caregivers and Patients: An Informational and Experiential Introduction to Mindfulness and Compassion Practice
- Overcoming the Challenges of Conducting Research in Palliative Care for Patients with Heart Failure and Their Families
- Phantom Shocks and Ongoing Trauma; Deciding Where to Deactivate; and Providing Care at the Leading Edge of End-Stage Heart Failure Therapy - Three Cases
- Easing Suffering, Enhancing Wellbeing: A Program of Research Guided by Pediatric Palliative Care Principles- Scientific Research Award Winner
- Language Matters: How to Present Palliative Care to Patients, Clinicians and Other Stakeholders
AAHPM’s popular webinar recordings are available in MP3 (Audio) or MP4 (Webinar) format.
- Compassionate Practice: Mindfulness and Contemplative Approaches to Care (2015; webinar)
- Hospice Medical Director Certification Board Exam Preparation (2015; webinar)
- Quality: The Role of the Palliative Care Clinician (2015; webinar)
- Burnout: Effective Interventions for Hospice and Palliative Care Clinicians (2014; webinar and audio only)
- 2015 Billing Updates for Physician Services (2014; webinar and audio only)
- Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question in HPM: Communicating AAHPM's Choosing Wisely® Recommendations to Patients and the Public (2013; webinar only)
- Debility, Failure to Thrive, and Other Diagnosis Reporting Dilemmas (2013; webinar and audio)
- Billing on Time: Counseling/Coordination of Care and prolonged Services (2013; webinar and audio)
Past Assembly Recordings
Interested in increasing your knowledge and gaining insights into all aspects of your practice? Audio recordings of all sessions from past Assemblies (2010-2016) are available for purchase in MP3 format DVDs for content where you want it, when you want it.