Y.C. Ho/Helen and Michael Chiang Foundation Fellowship Grant Program
AAHPM was recently awarded a $90,000 grant from the Y.C. Ho/Helen and Michael Chiang (Ho/Chiang) Foundation to partially support an adult hospice and palliative medicine fellowship training program that offers a pediatric track preparing physicians to practice as a pediatric hospice and palliative medicine (HPM) subspecialist following training.
One award of $40,000 was presented for the 2019-2020 academic year with the opportunity to renew for one additional year following an evaluation t o the University of Utah.
Funding is not open to individual applicants, but is allocated toward the salary and benefits of an individual fellow. Eligible adult hospice and palliative medicine fellowship program must:
- be accredited at the time of application either by ACGME or AOA
- have an established* pediatric track/experience with an adult fellowship training program
*The program must have graduated at least one HPM subspecialist who has been through the pediatric track experience at the time of application.
How to Apply
The application cycle is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
AAHPM congratulates the recipient of the Ho/Chiang Fellowship Grant Award for the 2019-2020 academic year: University of Utah.
AAHPM thanks the Ho/Chiang Foundation for its generous grant and support of hospice and palliative medicine specialists. To learn more about this Foundation, visit http://hochiangfoundation.org/.
In 2014, AAHPM also received a $90,000 grant from the Ho/Chiang Foundation.
The recipients of the Ho/Chiang Foundation Grant Award were:
- 2015-2016 academic year was the University of Michigan, with a renewal for 2016-2017
- 2017-2018 academic year was the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2018-2019 academic year was Indiana Universitty School of Medicine.