Scholarships for Physician Education and Development
AAHPM offers a number of scholarship opportunities to facilitate access to the best educational and career development resources for hospice and palliative medicine physicians at all levels, both from the United States and abroad.
These scholarship programs bring opportunities to learn, connect, and share expertise with physicians and other hospice and palliative care professionals who might otherwise be unable to access them.
- Pediatric Scholarship - provides financial support and registration to the 2018 Annual Assembly.
- International Physician Scholarship - provides financial support and access to quality education for physicians who reside in developing countries by helping them attend the Annual Assembly.
- Palliative Medicine Access Fund - provides scholarships to US-based physicians to cover registration fees and offset travel expenses for the Annual Assembly.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine Lecture Scholarship - a new program, made possible by the Shaping the Future campaign, to support members who have been accepted to present on palliative care or hospice topics at other medical society meetings.
- Research Scholars Program - facilitates participation for US-based AAHPM members in the Annual Kathleen M. Foley Palliative Care Retreat and Research Symposium.
In 2017, AAHPM received a $5000 grant from Newman's Own Foundation, the independent foundation created by the late actor and philanthropist, Paul Newman.
This generous gift allowed the Academy to create an AAHPM Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Medicine Assembly Scholarship in conjunction with the 2018 Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care.
This scholarship provides US-based physicians and fellows currently practicing pediatric hospice and palliative medicine funding to cover registration fees (excluding preconference workshops) and $200 toward travel-related expenses (airfare, hotel, cab fare, and meals) for the Annual Assembly, March 14-17, 2018 in Boston, MA.
The 2018 application cycle is now open through January 2, 2018.
Apply for this scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly,
- have demonstrated a commitment to the field of pediatric hospice and palliative care,
- have demonstrated the need for scholarship funds to facilitate their attendance,
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have been selected to present an abstract, paper or poster, or
- are members of an AAHPM committee or task force or are a community chair.