Palliative Medicine Access Fund
AAHPM’s Palliative Medicine Access Fund provides scholarships to cover registration fees (excluding preconference workshops) and $500 toward travel-related expenses (airfare, hotel, cab fare, and meals) for the Annual Assembly.
The 2018 application cycle is now closed. All applications were due by November 7, 2018.
You’re eligible for the 2019 Palliative Medicine Access Fund scholarship if you are an AAHPM member, an US-based physician, fellow, resident, or medical student currently practicing hospice and palliative medicine.
AAHPM gives preference to applicants who
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- demonstrate a commitment to the field of hospice and palliative care
- demonstrate the need for scholarship funds to facilitate their attendance
- have been selected to present an abstract, paper or poster
- are a member of an AAHPM committee or task force, or are a community chair.
The following individuals were awarded the Palliative Medicine Access Fund for 2018. Congratulations!
Support the AAHPM Palliative Medicine Access Fund
You can help support scholarships for members to attend future Annual Assemblies by making a donation to the Access Fund. Help us continue to grow the field and support those eager to learn and who may need assistance getting educational opportunities.
AAHPM qualifies for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as a not-for-profit corporation. Donors are encouraged to consult their tax advisors for information about the deductibility of these donations.