In 2017, AAHPM received a $5000 grant from Newman's Own Foundation, the independent foundation created by the late actor and philanthropist, Paul Newman.
This generous gift allowed the Academy to create an AAHPM Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Medicine Assembly Scholarship in conjunction with the 2018 Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care.
This scholarship provides US-based physicians and fellows currently practicing pediatric hospice and palliative medicine funding to cover registration fees (excluding preconference workshops) and $200 toward travel-related expenses (airfare, hotel, cab fare, and meals) for the Annual Assembly, March 14-17, 2018 in Boston, MA.
The 2018 application cycle is now open through February 14, 2018.
Apply for this scholarship if you meet the following criteria
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly,
- have demonstrated a commitment to the field of pediatric hospice and palliative care,
- have demonstrated the need for scholarship funds to facilitate their attendance.
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have been selected to present an abstract, paper, or poster, or
- are members of an AAHPM committee or task force or are a community chair