About the Annual Assembly
The Annual Assembly, presented by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA), is a 3-day event that brings together more than 3,400 of your colleagues and peers to share research, clinical best practices, and practice-related guidance to advance the specialty and improve patient care.
The Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care is designed for physicians, nurses, advanced practice nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, social workers, and chaplains interested in acquiring, maintaining, or expanding the skills needed to function effectively in the field of hospice and palliative care.
The Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care leverages the expertise of both AAHPM and HPNA to advance the field, educate their members and other healthcare professionals, and improve quality of life for those affected by serious illness by sharing the best available evidence.
The participant will be able to:
- incorporate advances in knowledge into daily practice and patient care
- apply sound communication principles with patients, families, and interdisciplinary teams
- utilize interdisciplinary care principles to identify and manage physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural issues and goals of care for patients and families affected by serious illness
- identify ethical, regulatory, and legal concerns related to hospice and palliative care
- summarize current research findings in hospice and palliative care and describe their relevance to the care and treatment of patients with serious illness
- develop and apply effective strategies for self-care and resilience
- identify opportunities and strategies for effective leadership, mentoring, and networking within the field of hospice and palliative care
- discuss effective strategies and challenges for the delivery of hospice and palliative care in diverse settings
- apply effective strategies in teaching/learning situations
- identify opportunities to advance the practice and sustainability of hospice and palliative care within the changing healthcare and political environment through policy and advocacy at the local and national level
March 18-21, 2020
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA
February 17-20, 2021
Colorado Convention Center
February 9-12, 2022
Music City Center
March 22-25, 2023
Palais des congress de Montreal (Montreal Convention Centre)