Presented by AAHPM and HPNA
March 14-17, 2018
Hynes Convention Center | Boston, MA
The premier educational event for hospice and palliative care providers.
About the Annual Assembly
The Annual Assembly, presented by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA), is a 3-day event that brings together more than 3,400 of your colleagues and peers to share research, clinical best practices, and practice-related guidance to advance the specialty and improve patient care.
See the full Annual Assembly brochure.
Learn more about the intended audience, purpose and objectives.
The Annual Assembly is designed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers interested in acquiring, maintaining, or expanding the skills needed to function effectively in the field of hospice and palliative care.
As leaders in promoting excellence in hospice and palliative care, AAHPM and HPNA combine their expertise to advance the field, thus meeting the shared goal of improving quality of life for patients facing serious or life-threatening conditions and their families.
The participant will be able to
- translate advances in clinical and scientific knowledge of advanced disease processes, symptoms, and symptom management into improved patient care
- assess patient pain and other symptoms and side effects and recommend a care plan based upon best available evidence
- identify psychological, spiritual, social, and cultural aspects of patient care and integrate support of those aspects of patient care into an overall plan of care
- apply sound communication principles with patients, families, and interdisciplinary teams
- develop patient plans of care that incorporate interdisciplinary assessments and symptom management across all domains of care that are ultimately based on the expressed values, goals, and needs of the patient and family
- identify ethical, regulatory, and legal concerns related to hospice and palliative care
- discuss effective strategies and challenges for the delivery and advocacy of hospice and palliative care in diverse settings
- identify new contacts for future collaboration
- facilitate future research in hospice and palliative care
- identify opportunities for enhanced self-care and resilience
- apply effective strategies using the hospice and palliative care competencies in teaching and learning situations
- identify opportunities and strategies for effective leadership within the field of hospice and palliative medicine
- identify opportunities to influence, initiate, maintain, and advance the practice and sustainability of hospice and palliative care within the changing healthcare environment.
Calls for Proposals
Want to have a session at the 2018 Annual Assembly in Boston? Consider submitting a proposal. More information will be available once each call opens.
November 13 - December 14, 2017 - New! Call for Scholar E-posters. Learn more!
All proposals are reviewed by vetted reviewers. Read the Abstract Review Process for more information.
March 13-16, 2019
Hyatt Regency Orlando
March 18-21, 2020
Headquarters hotel: Hilton San Diego
Omni San Diego Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
San Diego, CA
February 17-20, 2021
Colorado Convention Center