March 22-25, 2023
Palais des congress de Montréal (Montréal Convention Centre)
The Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care, presented by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA), is a 3-day event that brings together more than 3,400 of your colleagues and peers to share research, clinical best practices, and practice-related guidance to advance the specialty and improve patient care. Use the hashtag, #hapc23 when tweeting about Annual Assembly.
Calls for Proposals
Abstracts for the 2023 Annual Assembly will be open for submission beginning June 24 - July 20, 2022, for the summer call (formerly known as the call for concurrent sessions and scientific and quality improvement (QI) papers and posters).
A second call for abstracts will open September 29-October 13, 2022. This call is open specifically to professionals in training or early career hospice and palliative care professionals (formerly known as the call for case study papers and posters and scholar e-posters).
Learn more about each call and begin preparing your abstract.
There is a $40 non-refundable abstract processing fee for submission of each abstract for peer review to be paid upon completion. This includes a $1 credit card transaction fee for a total of $41 to be charged to the credit card used. Please complete the attestation in the online submission form when submitting your abstract.
Annual Assembly Recordings
Share the Annual Assembly with your coworkers and reflect on the education you experienced onsite. Purchase the live audio recordings of the Annual Assembly from Fleetwood from past years. Learn more.
There will be no recording bundles available for purchase from the 2023 Annual Assembly.
Thank you to the countless volunteers for guiding the planning and programming of the Annual Assembly.
2023 Annual Assembly Program Planning Committee Representatives
- Olumuyiwa Adeboye, MD MBA FACP FAAHPM – AAHPM Co-Chair
- Cheryl Ann Thaxton, DNP RN CPNP FNP-BC CHPPN ACHPN FPCN – HPNA Co-Chair
- Richard (Morgan) Bain, MD FAAHPM
- Jennifer Blechman, MD HMDC FAAHPM
- Carrie Cormack, DNP CPNP CHPPN
- Shelli Feder, PhD APRN FNP-C ACHPN
- Debra Fisher, PhD PNP
- Erica L. Frechman, MSN GNP CHPN ANP
- Laura Gelfman, MD MPH FAAHPM
- Stephanie Gilbertson-White, PhD RN APRN
- Janice Linton, DNP APRN ANP-BC CCRN ACHPN
- Emily Martin, MD
- Susan McCammon, MD HMDC FAAHPM FACS
- Kyle Neale, DO
- Priya Pinto, MD FAAHPM
- Gina Piscitello, MD
- Michelle Webb, DNP RN BC-CHPCA
- Jiayun (ja-ing) Xu, PhD RN
2023 Annual Assembly Program Planning Committee Staff
- Stephanie Adams, Education and Learning Manager/Conference Program Lead - AAHPM
- Julie Bruno, MSW LCW, Chief Learning Officer - AAHPM
- Heather Coats, PhD APRN, Director of Research - HPNA
- Leah Farfan, Education and Learning Coordinator/Conference Coordinator - AAHPM
- Theresa Nissen, Education and Learning Coordinator/Conference Coordinator - AAHPM
- Julie Tanner, BSN RN-BC CHPN, Director of Education and Learning - AAHPM
- Angie Tryfonopoulos, Education and Programming Coordinator/Conference Coordinator - AAHPM
- Candi York, MSN-Ed RN, Director of Education - HPNA