February 9-12, 2022
Music City Center
Following three months of constructive conversation with stakeholders across AAHPM and HPNA, the decision has been reached to move forward with an in-person Annual Assembly, February 9-12, 2022, in Nashville, TN.
This decision in no way diminishes AAHPM and HPNA’s support of the transgender community or universal treatment of all individuals with dignity and respect. It instead reflects a majority consensus that, as professional associations, this meeting provides us with an opportunity to use our voices on-the-ground to positively impact and support those marginalized by Tennessee’s anti-transgender legislation.
While we are working diligently with partner-vendors to create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all, we acknowledge that there are individuals who will not feel comfortable travelling to Nashville in February. Accordingly, we will be providing a virtual option for accessing key components of the meeting online. AAHPM and HPNA thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you to the 2022 Annual Assembly.
Visit the Safe Planning page to learn more about our efforts to continue to provide a safe and healthy environment for our attendees.
About the Annual Assembly
The Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care, presented by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA), is a 3-day event that brings together your colleagues and peers to share research, clinical best practices, and practice-related guidance to advance the specialty and improve patient care. Use the new hashtag, #hapc22, in your tweets.
The 2021 virtual meeting captured hearts, re-energized spirits, and stimulated minds, but in new and different ways. Attendees experienced the best hospice and palliative care education and the opportunity to connect with others. Stay tuned as we reimagine the 2022 Annual Assembly.
Familiarize yourself and learn about the Annual Assembly.
Calls for Proposals
Abstracts for the 2022 Annual Assembly were due July 14, 2021 at Noon PT for concurrent sessions and scientific and quality improvement papers and posters.
A second call for abstracts will open October 1-18, 2021 for case submissions and scholar eposters
Each completed abstract submission for open calls will be assessed a $30 fee to help offset the rising costs of technology to manage the abstract system. We appreciate your understanding and support.
To ensure your presentations' clinical images are anonymized, we advise that you follow these best practices.
Annual Assembly Recordings
Share the Annual Assembly with your coworkers and reflect on the education you experienced onsite. Purchase the live audio recordings of the Annual Assembly from Fleetwood from past years. Learn more.
There will be no recordings available for purchase from the 2021 Annual Assembly.
Thank you to the countless volunteers for guiding the planning and programming of the Annual Assembly.
2022 Annual Assembly Program Planning Committee
- Mayra Sanchez, MD, FAAHPM - AAHPM Co-Chair
- Cheryl Ann Thaxton, DNP RN CPNP FNP-BC CHPPN ACHPN FPCN - HPNA Co-Chair
- Olumuyiwa Adeboye, MD FACP
- Richard (Morgan) Bain, MD FAAHPM
- Jennifer Blechman, MD HMDC FAAHPM
- Erica L. Frechman, MSN GNP CHPN ANP
- Carla Jolley, MN, ARNP, AOCN, ACHPN
- Janice Linton, DNP APRN ANP-BC CCRN ACHPN
- Susan McCammon, MD HMDC FAAHPM FACS
- Priya Pinto, MD FAAHPM
- Michelle Webb, DNP RN BC-CHPCA
2022 Annual Assembly Scientific/Quality Improvement Subcommittee
- Stacy Fischer, MD - AAHPM Co-Chair
- Stephanie Gilbertson-White, PhD RN APRN - HPNA Co-Chair
- Ilan Bernstein, MD
- Kathleen Bickel, MD MPhil MS
- Harleah Buck, PhD RN FAAN FPCN
- Laura Gelfman, MD MPH FAAHPM
- Yuya Hagiwara, MD
- Mary Isaacson, PhD RN CHPN
- Debbie Lafond, DNP NP
- Lenora Smith, PhD RN
- Susan Wong, MD MS
- Patricia (Trish) Moyle Wright, PhD CHPN CRNP
2022 Annual Assembly Case Submission Subcommittee
- Grant Smith, MD - AAHPM Co-Chair
- Shelli Feder, PhD - HPNA Co-Chair
- Catherine Adams, MD PhD
- Joan Carpenter, PhD ACHPN
- Patricia (Tricia) Dziabis, BSN RN CHPN
- Amanda Hafeez, MD
- Felicia Hui, MD
- Kate McKillip, MD
- Victoria (Vycki) Nalls, PhD ACHPN GNP
- Kyle Neale, DO
- Rose Odom, MA BSN RN
- Donna L. Rugh, MSN PMGT-BC CHPN
2022 Annual Assembly Scholar Poster Work Group
- Sangeeta Lamba (Gita) - AAHPM Co-Chair
- Jiayun Xu, PhD RN - HPNA Co-Chair
- Jeannette Kates, PhD CRNP AGPCNP-BC GNP-BC
- Emily Martin, MD
- Kristi Saunders, MD DC MS HMDC
- Scharlotte Spencer, DNP ACHPN APRN FNPC
- Suzanne Sullivan, PhD MBA RN CHPN